2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 250
Call for Price
The 250cc DOHC engine has been designed in conjunction with the chassis to operate in perfect harmony. All internal components have been engineered to deliver the maximum performance and packaged in order to position the engine at the ideal centre of gravity within the chromoly steel frame. In combination with the carbon fibre rear subframe and new WP AER 48 front fork, the FC 250 is one of the most technologically advanced 250 4T motocrossers ever developed.
- Lightweight frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines all structural aspects that benefit handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps feature a rubber damping system that reduces vibration, increasing comfort. The triple clamps have been meticulously designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximizing contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimum friction. For MY17 the upper triple clamp has been re-designed to compliment the new WP AER48 front forks.
- New WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is safe, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit. The new forks offer a weight reduction of 1.6 kg in comparison to conventional fork systems of MY16. The forks are extremely responsive thanks to friction-optimized surface coating on the outer and inner tube surfaces and optimally designed sealing systems.Together with the fully adjustable WP DCC rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Engine: All major components and shaft arrangements have been carefully designed and placed in specific positions that best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the FC 250. The 250 cc engine is not only light at 26.1 kg but also remarkably powerful with an overall power output of 46 hp at the output shaft. One way in which this was achieved was by engineering key components to produce the least amount of friction possible, reducing drag as a result.
- DOHC cylinder head: The DOHC cylinder head features finger followers with a DLC (diamond like carbon) coating resulting in minimal friction and optimal performance. These actuate large titanium valves (32.5 mm intake, 26.5 mm exhaust) which at the 14,000 rpm rev-limit open and close multiple times each second introducing fuel/air mixture to the carefully designed combustion chamber delivering efficient and optimal power throughout the rev-range. The cylinder head is now fixed to the frame using lightweight aluminium brackets saving 114 grams while keeping the same structural integrity.
- Crankcases: The aluminium crankcases have been designed to house the internal components of the engine in the perfect position to achieve the ideal centre of gravity. The lightweight casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Exhaust system: The FC 250 exhaust system has been expertly designed to deliver the best possible performance while adhering to the FIM noise limits. The header pipe features a resonance chambers for optimal performance while the silencer is crafted from lightweight and strong aluminium.
- New map switch: The FC 250 features a new handlebar map switch. Optimised for easy operation, the new map switch now selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a new traction control feature. Traction control works by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Electric start: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. For MY17, the lower handlebar clamp has been separated into two individual clamps while the top clamp is a bridge-type clamp improving torsional stiffness.
- ODI grips: The ODI lock-on grip on the left side does not require gluing, while on the right, the vulcanised grip features an innovative integrated throttle mechanism. The assembly has easy free-play adjustment and, by changing a cam, throttle progression can be altered.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The FC 250 features a Magura hydraulic clutch system. The high quality German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- CSS clutch: The 250 cc and 350 cc engines feature a CSS (coil spring steel) clutch with Magura hydraulics and lever. The CSS clutch has six coil springs and 7 clutch plates in a one-piece CNC machined steel clutch basket. The inner hub and pressure plate have been designed for optimal oil flow and separation, while the coil springs give a light and consistent feel.
- Gearbox: The 5-speed gearbox is designed to be extremely light and durable. The shifting fork has a low-friction coating for smoother shifting, while the gear lever features an innovative design which prevents dirt build-up and ensures perfect gear selection in all conditions. An advanced gear sensor allows for specific engine maps delivering the best possible performance in each gear.
- Brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality waved GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear. New for MY17 is a rear brake lever which is 10mm longer as well as new rear brake pads that are less aggressive and provide improved modulation.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249.9 cm³
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:51
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 960 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 7 L
- Weight without fuel: 98.8 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 249.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 x 52.3 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 98.8 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 L
- 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 960 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4 in.